This section provides detailed instructions to carry out a simple sequencing process. You can use Word Viewer 2007 as a test case that you can easily and quickly deploy using the Microsoft Application Virtualization platform.
Perform the following steps on the App-V Sequencer:
Important: Follow these steps exactly as written.
1. Download Word Viewer 2007 and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats to the desktop of the App-V Sequencer computer.
2. Create a directory on the Sequencer desktop called WordViewer2007. You will save the output of the Sequencer to this directory.
Click Start | All Programs | Microsoft Application Virtualization | Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer to open Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer
Stop the processes
1. Select the Deployment Tab. Set the following properties for the package (Figure 27):
a. Protocol: RTSP
b. Hostname: FQDN of Management Server
c. Path: WordViewer2007
d. Generate Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) Package: Enabled
e. Compress Package: Enabled
f. Operating Systems: Check that the operating system selected is the same as that used on your client computer.
1. Click File | Save, and then browse in to the folder WordViewer2007 that you created on the desktop and save your work as WordViewer2007 in the File Name field then click Save.
2. Close the Sequencer.
3. Copy the WordViewer2007 folder to the content share on the App-V Management Server.
Note the problem I faced was when I copyed the file from the Word Viewer2007 folder and pasted it on the room then it started to work I don’t know why but it was strange for me
Publish the Application
Publish the Application
Next, you will import the newly sequenced application on the App-V Management Server and publish it to the client computer.
Perform the following steps on the App-V Management Server:
1. In Administrative Tools, click Application Virtualization Management Console.
2. In the console tree, expand the server node, and then click Applications.
3. Right-click Applications and then click Import Applications….
4. Navigate to \<server name>content, and open the WordViewer2007 folder.
5. Click the WordViewer2007.sprj file, and click Open. The New Application Wizard will launch.
6. On the General Information page, verify that values for the OSD Path and Icon Path are in UNC format (for example, \servercontentWordViewer2007WordViewer2007.osd) and that the Enabled check box is selected.