The Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer is used to create the virtual applications and application packages that are streamed from the App-V Management or Streaming Server to the App-V Clients.
Before You Install Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer
The Sequencer computer must meet the same minimum requirements as Microsoft Application Virtualization Desktop Client. Virtual machines are ideal for sequencing because they can easily be reset, or you can use a physical computer with a clean image on a local partition to enable rapid re-imaging after each package sequencing operation has been completed.
There are two main methods for setting up the Sequencer computer for this trial:
· NOTE: You should always sequence 32-bit applications on a 32-bit sequencing OS. This includes sequencing 32-bit applications for delivery to 64-bit clients. When sequencing 64-bit applications, they must be sequenced on a 64-bit sequencing OS and can only be delivered to 64-bit clients.
· Note: Additional information on sequencing beyond what is contained in this guide is available on TechNet at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817192.aspx and at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994.aspx
Option 1: Virtual Machine
Do a fresh install of a supported operating system to a virtual machine (VM). Do not use your "standard desktop image" or install any other applications on this image at this time. If using Virtual PC, enable Undo disks and commit the existing configuration, or create a snapshot if using Hyper-V. After each time you sequence an application, copy the sequence to the content share, then turn off the VM and discard the undo disk to this VM or apply the saved snapshot to get back to a "clean" operating system.
Option 2: Physical Computer
Do a fresh install of a supported operating system to the physical computer. Do not use your "standard desktop image" or install any other applications on this image at this time. Use a disk imaging utility to store an image of the first partition on the second partition. This method lets you rapidly restore the sequencing computer to a "clean" installation of your operating system, after each time you sequence an application.
Install Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer
Perform the following steps on the computer used for Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer:
Important: The computer used for the Sequencer must contain only a fresh installation of the Windows operating system. Do not install Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer on a computer that hosts Microsoft Application Virtualization Management Server or Microsoft Application Virtualization Desktop Client.
Install the Sequencer
1. Run the setup executable for Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer.
2. The setup wizard will scan for and prompt you to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package.
3. In the InstallShield Wizard dialog box, click Install.
4. On the Welcome page, click Next.
5. Read and accept the licensing agreement, and then click Next.
6. At the CEIP screen, click Next.
7. Accept the default installation path, and then click Next.
At the Virtual Drive screen (Figure 18), ensure Q: is selected and click Next
8. When the installation is complete, click Finish. Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer will start.
Note: You can now save a snapshot of the VM or save a fresh image if you are using a physical computer. This will enable you to reset the sequencing computer to a clean base state and have the operating system and the Sequencer installed after each package sequencing operation has been completed. If you are going to create a snapshot or create and image, FIRST ENSURE that the sequencer is not open.
Now taking Snapshot
Now Installing the Appv Sequencer